What information do we collect?
We also use third-party analytics providers to collect and analyze usage data and device information. We use this information to improve our VPN service and to provide you with a better user experience.
We collect the following information from you:
- Personal information: This includes your name, email address, and billing information. We collect this information when you create an account or purchase our VPN service.
- Usage data: This includes information about how you use our VPN service, such as the servers you connect to, the amount of data you transfer, and the time and duration of your connections. We collect this information automatically when you use our VPN service.
- Device information: This includes information about the device you are using to connect to our VPN service, such as your IP address, operating system, browser type, and device model. We collect this information automatically when you use our VPN service.
How do we use your information?
We use your information to:
- Provide you with our VPN service: We use your information to provide you with access to our VPN service, which allows you to browse the internet securely and anonymously. For example, we use your IP address to connect you to our VPN servers, and we use your account information to manage your subscription.
- Communicate with you about your account and our service: We use your information to communicate with you about your account and our service. For example, we may email you about account updates, service announcements, and promotional offers. We may also use your information to contact you if we have any questions about your account or if we need to troubleshoot any problems you are experiencing with our service.
- Improve our VPN service: We use your information to improve our VPN service. For example, we use your usage data to identify and fix performance issues, develop new features, and provide you with a better user experience. We may also use your feedback to improve our service.
- Investigate and prevent fraud: We use your information to investigate and prevent fraud. For example, we may use your IP address to identify and block unauthorized access to our VPN service. We may also use your account information to investigate suspicious activity and protect our users from fraud.
How do we share your information?
We do not share your personal information with any third parties except as required by law. We may disclose your personal information to law enforcement if we are required to do so by law. We may also disclose your personal information to law enforcement if it is necessary to protect our rights or the rights of others.
We may share your usage data and device information with third-party analytics providers to help us improve our VPN service. We will never sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
How do we protect your information?
We take a number of steps to protect your information, including:
- Use encryption to protect your data while it is in transit and at rest.
- Storing your data on secure servers.
- Implementing security measures to prevent unauthorized access to your information.
You have the following choices regarding your information:
- You can choose not to provide us with any personal information. However, this may limit your ability to use our VPN service.
- You can choose to opt out of receiving marketing communications from us. To do so, please click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing email you receive from us.
- You can request access to your information or have it deleted. To do so, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at email@example.com.
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with our VPN service and to comply with our legal obligations. We keep your usage data and device information for six months at maximum.
Our VPN service is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child has provided us with personal information, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will take steps to delete the data.